Welcome To Texas’ Last Frontier! The old Bledsoe school building. Originally constructed in 1927, the school ceased operation in 1996. A school alumni group still maintains the building. South Plains & Santa Fe Railway depot. Bledsoe, Texas. Circa 1931. The depot closed in 1964 and was later moved to Lubbock. The Bledsoe grain elevators sit idle alongside the old railroad right-of-way on the north side of town.